Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Everything Has A Place.

I'm a "Everything has a place, and everything in it's place", kinda girl. I thoroughly enjoy organizing and tidying up my house every chance I get. My idea of a fun Saturday night alone? A bottle of wine and a messy make up drawer to clean!
I've never really considered myself overly OCD. I mean, I wipe my kitchen sink down so it doesn't leave water marks, and I occasionally iron a tee shirt.... So what?
Until now.
This is a whole new kind of OCD.
I let my kids have their fun during the day, eating on the carpet, spilling milk on the floor, scattering toys from here to kingdom come. Once the tots go to bed, I'm on a mission to make the house as sanitary as possible for the next Day of Destruction. This means, dragging out my Shark Steamer and doing a quick run on the hard floors, sanitizing their highchairs, running the vacuum in the common areas, organizing and cleaning toys, wiping counters and throwing in a load of laundry! I know it sounds like a lot, but I can usually get it completed in less than 30 minutes if I am not interrupted.

My reward for a clean house: A tall glass of Merlot. It's all worth it in the end. Not because of the wine, but because I truly think my life seems more manageable when my house is in order. I have a lot of things to stress over, and one of them is not a messy house.

Please tell me I'm not the only OCD mother out there. All I want is a clean, orderly house for my twins to play in. I don't think that's a crime.


1 comment:

  1. You are doing a great job Sarah! Your house looks great! Love you!

    ReplyDelete